[Fosc] Dimond Park Heritage Oak Tree Farewell Ceremony on August 26, 10 a.m.- noon

Jill Miller foscfield at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 12:58:15 PDT 2017

Hello Friends,

One of our most venerable Dimond Park oaks will be soon removed. Gwen Rino
asked if FOSC would please spread the word about a ceremony to honor this
beautiful old soul. A flyer for this event is attached and can be found at:
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B_RmljpOpxTfeV9OaXpiRm5Gc1k.
More information from Gwen follows:

*Years of drought, over abundance of rain, and age have caused a section of
the tree to burst open and loose a large section from its base. Further
assessments by city and private arborists (yes, more than one) have
determined that the tree has serious rot and decay in the center of the
base and must be taken down to protect the safety of all our park users. We
are looking for wood-working artists to create beauty from this tree.
Contact us if you are interested!*

*We will be celebrating the life of this amazing tree and we ask you all to
join us:*

*Saturday, August 26, 2017From 10 am to 12 pm*
*Bring a brunch item to share * Write or read a poem * Draw a picture *
Join us in song *

*Many thanks to: Friends of Dimond Park, Glenview Neighborhood Association,
Dimond Improvement Association, Dimond Park Litter Walk Committee, Oakland
Public Works, Dimond Park Adopt-A-Spot & Keep Dimond Beautiful, for joining
together for this event.For more information about this event please
contact Michelle Doppelt, mdoppelt at oaklandnet.com
<mdoppelt at oaklandnet.com>.*

*[image: Inline image 1]*

Thank you,