[Fosc] Park Patrol training session this Thursday

Stan Dodson dodsonstan at gmail.com
Mon Sep 18 03:38:09 PDT 2017

There are still a few seats left for the next Park Patrol training session:

*Thursday, September 21, 6pm–9pm*
Dimond Branch Library (upstairs)
3565 Fruitvale Ave
Oakland, CA 94602

The training program we've developed, first and foremost, prepares Park
Patrol volunteers to be effective ambassadors in our parks. It also equips
stewards with the knowledge to assist Public Works, and teaches the skills
needed to help expedite emergency response in the parks.

Park Patrol volunteers must complete one training session and exhibit
comprehensive knowledge of the trail system before receiving their Park
Patrol jersey. CPR and First Aid Certification is strongly encouraged, and
may be provided by the Oakland Fire Department at a later date.

Park Patrol operates in Joaquin Miller Park, Dimond Canyon, and Leona
Heights Park. Once you're trained, there are no schedules. You simply
participate in Park Patrol while enjoying your regular recreation routine.
Hikers, runners, dog walkers, mountain bikers, and equestrians are all
welcome. Please read the full program description here
<https://oaklandtrails.org/Park-Patrol>.

*To register (required), please click HERE.*
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfYWes_xJhpaELa6B_nGyyzcjs0SqAuCSRNOGlkRxKXDhT0LA/viewform>

See you on the trails,

Stan Dodson
*Oakland Trails <http://oaklandtrails.org/>*

*​*
*Park Patrol is a program of Oakland Trails, an all-volunteer organization
dedicated to promoting, maintaining, and enhancing the City of Oakland's
wildland parks and trails. Please support our work at
**http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/
<http://oaklandtrails.org/donate/>*