[Fosc] Excellent wildlife viewing where Sausal Creek meets the Oakland Estuary!

Jill Miller foscfield at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 17:18:57 PST 2017

Hi Friends,

I want to encourage folks to consider visiting Sausal Creek where it meets
the S.F. Bay at Fruitvale Bridge Park this weekend for some premier
wildlife watching. Every day this week I have been there with 3rd grade
classes from Achieve Academy. The weather has been gorgeous and the
wildlife discoveries exciting; today we saw one of the resident peregrine
falcons! Needless to say, the students were pretty impressed when I told
them that this beautiful bird was a fearsome and fast pigeon predator.
We've also seen a harbor seal, brown pelicans, grebes, common goldeneyes, a
great blue heron and even a sandpiper during low tide yesterday. My
favorite sighting of the week was a beautiful little red starfish located
close to the creek outlet. Who knew?

[image: Inline image 1]
*Achieve Academy students birdwatching at Fruitvale Bridge Park*

Hope to see you in the 'shed soon!
Jill

--
[image: Picture]