[Fosc] An owl

lbarron_510 lbarron_510 at att.net
Sat Dec 9 09:24:36 PST 2017

There are 2 GH OWLS over here in the Magellan-Colton-Snake area behind Montclair village.  We hear them calling at night - one an alto, the other a baritone.  Thrilling to hear while taking a late evening walk with the dog.
Lin Barron

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
-------- Original message --------From: Elaine Geffen via Fosc <fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org> Date: 12/8/17  9:53 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: "Janet S. BROUGHTON" <broughton at berkeley.edu> Cc: fosc at lists.sausalcreek.org Subject: Re: [Fosc] An owl
Last year the Great Horned Owls were hanging out under the Leimert Bridge and babies were seen.
This time of year there are territory claim vocalizations being made and a month or so later we will hear courtship behaviors. Some lovely duets can be heard in the winter.
We are lucky to have this wonderful species that live adjacent to our human population.
This is what preserving habitat is all about!