[Fosc] Volunteers Needed this Saturday (12/16)

Cooper Larsen Ford cdog0810 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 16:00:19 PST 2017

Hi all,

I am Cooper Ford, a Junior in High School and a Boy Scout on the way to getting my Eagle rank. I am currently working on my Eagle Scout Project, and I need volunteers to help with the construction. Located at the bottom of the switchbacks off of the bridgeview  trail, I am building a 55 foot long fence that will prevent further erosion from settling in the creek below. Because I just started the fence construction, most of the work would be digging holes and aligning posts, which gets to be fairly labor intensive.

I am planning a work day on Saturday the 16th in the morning at 9:00 (to about 1:00 or earlier). I already have 1-2 adult volunteers (and 3 other older boys) but I need 2-3 more adult volunteers. We would be digging 5 holes and placing 5 posts in, so I am projecting that to take about 2 - 3 hours. If we finish early, we can start to construct the rails but overall the session shouldn’t exceed over 4 hours, unless people are willing to stay longer and can progress the project further. All depending on what volunteers are up for or how long they can stay, the end time can be cut short to extended, my schedule is flexible. If you are interested please email me at the email below and bring a signed waver which is attached below.

The project site is a ways from the trail head so I am having every one meet at the parking lot on Bridgeview Dr. It is about a 10 minute walk to the site and hiking shoes are suggested.

Thanks,

Cooper Ford
cdog0810 at gmail.com <mailto:cdog0810 at gmail.com>
(510) 604 8676